I'll get there when I get there!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 4 with my Realize Band and some photos

These pictures were taken the morning of my surgery, August 11, 2011.  







And this next one is taken in my room at the surgery center pre-op!  I'm all ready to get my band!!!



I'm going to try and keep updating as life progresses!  So far I am doing really well with the post-op liquid diet.  I have not been hungry at all yet.  Breakfast has been 1-2 ounces of applesauce with prilosec mixed in...I have to take the antacid for 2 months.  I've still had my decaf coffee...been adding in the miralax to counteract the hydrocodone.  Lunch has either been 1-2 ounces of pudding, cheddar cheese soup, or cream of wheat....same for dinner.  Also taking 2 ounces of pure protein shake occasionally.  Sipping water all day long...aside from waiting 30 mins after meals.  I'm also giving myself 3 shots of heparin a day to prevent blood clots since I've had DVT and Pulmonary Embolism several years ago.

I'm sleeping just fine, walking, going up and down stairs, attending to children on and off.  Right now my tummy is still sore and it is still sore/uncomfortable to take deep breaths.  The gas bubbles are uncomfortable and cause a bit of chest pain, but a good burp helps!  lol.

That is my update for right now! =)

Thanks for letting me share it with you!

3 comments:

  1. glad that you're doing well :) Keep hydrated - every day does get a bit easier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you!! Welcome to an amazing and healthy adventure... keep POSTING!!

    ReplyDelete